February 7 & 8, 2017 at the Lansing Center in Lansing, MI
The water show of the Midwest, Joint Expo offers a large exhibit floor showcasing the latest technologies, products, and services the water industry has to offer as well as formal classroom training through Operators Day and the Infrastructure Project Funding Seminar, and contests by teams competing for best time in pipe tapping, meter assembly, and more.
Registration for Operators Day training is now open.
The Infrastructure Funding Seminar registration will be available later.
See which companies are exhibiting.
JOINT EXPO exhibit space is sold out. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list, please email Eric Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scroll down for details on exhibiting .
Tuesday, February 7 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 8 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (closes earlier than in the past)
JOINT EXPO FEATURES
No fee for attendance, so water and wastewater utilities will be encouraged to send several representatives.
Exhibit area buffet lunch/concessions are available.
MI-AWWA Water Main Tapping Contest will be held on Tuesday and MI-AWWA Meter Madness Contest and Hydrant Hysteria on Wednesday.
In 2016, there were more than 2,000 show and booth attendees combined, and booth space was sold out.
Two registrations to the 2017 respective Annual Conferences will be given away by MI-AWWA and MWEA.
The Exhibitor Prospectus was mailed to all 2016 exhibitors and individuals on the Joint Expo mailing list as of October 1.
2017 Floor Plan
As of October 28, 2016, the floor plan showed the position of the MI-AWWA booth and the MWEA booth only. A current floor plan is available on the exhibitor list page.
Already reserved your booth? Now you can start thinking about who will work the show and other preparations for the show.
Scavenger Hunt Young Professionals and Emerging
Professionals are hosting the Joint Expo Scavenger Hunt again this year.
An opportunity for show attendees to win prizes, this fun activity
helps get attendees walking the show floor. Sign up to participate
during booth registration. Or purchase a sponsorship via the link above.
- Market your Participation - This is the first time we’ve assigned booths so early. We suggest you leverage this information by promoting your booth # and encouraging your customers and potential customers to sign up for Operators Day and come to the Expo. You get the most out of exhibiting by actively engaging your potential customers before, during, and after the show. You will be receiving a pre-registered list of training attendees approximately two weeks before the event. You will also receive a final registration list of all attendees approximately two weeks after the event.
- Register Booth Staff - Every person who needs access to the floor on Tuesday, February 7 and Wednesday, February 8, is required to have a badge. Be sure to register, order internet access, and order lunches for each individual who will be working your booth during the show. You will need your booth number to complete the order. This helps to ensure all badges and lunch tickets are associated with your booth. Please register your booth staff by January 23, 2017.
- Planning Your Booth and Shipment - The Show decorator is Art Craft. Instructions for shipment as well as other details on additional booth items such as furniture are available in the Exhibitor Kit. The Advance Order Deadline is January 23, 2017. All shipments must be received no later than February 1, 2017 to avoid late charges.
- Make hotel reservations - If you are staying overnight in Lansing, get a discount by staying at the Radisson, which is connected to the Lansing Center by pedway. To make reservations online, go to www.radisson.com/lansingmi and use promo code AWWA17 to get the best rate. The number of rooms available is limited. Make your reservations soon.
Getting emails ok?
Communication to exhibitors about Joint Expo happens almost exclusively through email. Make sure to white list our domain mi-water.org to ensure you receive our emails.
POINT SYSTEM FOR EXHIBITOR BOOTH SELECTION
1. Number of times exhibiting in the past 5 years. Cumulative. 1 point per year.
2. Total number of booths purchased in the last 5 years (total points vary). Cumulative. 1 point per
3. Ties will be addressed looking at the following criteria:
a. Booth Preference stated on registration
b. Comparing each company based on the previous year. Each tied company will be compared
based on participation in the expo (yes or no), and number of booths in that specific year.
Review will continue going back up to five (5) years until priority is assigned.
Example A for 2017: Company “A” has exhibited every year for the past 5 years. They
have purchased two (2) booths per year.
Years Exhibiting: 5
Total Booths: 10
Total Points for 2017 Booth Selection: 15
Example B for 2017: Company “B” has exhibited every year for the last 5 years but
initially bought one but increased their booths over the years.
Years Exhibiting: 5
Booths 2012: 1
Booths 2013: 2
Booths 2014: 4
Booths 2015: 6
Booths 2016: 8
Total Booths: 21 21
Total Points for 2017 Booth Selection: 26
4. Starting 2016 (eligible for Joint Expo 2018), points will be given for sponsorship and exhibiting at the
MWEA Annual Conference and MI-AWWA Annual Conference:
a. MWEA (5 points max):
- MWEA AC Exhibitor: 1 pt
- Great Lakes sponsor: 4 pts
- Lake Superior sponsor: 3 pts
- Lake Michigan sponsor: 2 pts
- Lake Huron sponsor: 1 pt
b. MI-ACE (4 points max)
- MI-ACE Exhibitor: 1pt
- Gold Sponsor: 3 pts
- Silver Sponsor: 2pts
- Bronze Sponsor: 1 pt
2017 FLOOR PLAN
updated as of November 14, 2016
Join the Exhibitor Mailing List
To make sure we have your most current contact information to get mailings and emails on exhibiting at Joint Expo, please complete the form below.
Joint Expo Exhibitor Mailing List