Event Cancellation Policy
Board Policy #7, as of 5/1/23
- A member must login to receive the member discount when registering for an event on the Section’s website. Refunds will not be issued for individuals registering for an event at the non-member rate who would have otherwise been eligible for the member discount.
- A person must use a promo code to receive any promotional discount. Refunds will not be issued for individuals registering for an event at the full rate who would have otherwise been eligible for a promotional discount.
- In recognition of the valuable time and talent lent to us by volunteer speakers, the Section offers discounted registration for speakers.
- Presentations – the first 2 speakers are complimentary for the day of their session. Any additional speakers will pay a reduced rate for registration for the day of their session.
- Panel Discussions – the moderator and up to 4 speakers are complimentary for the day of their session. Any additional speakers will pay a reduced rate for registration for the day of their session.
- All speaker registrations are subject to review and approval by the executive director. Speakers who register without receiving their discount and consequently pay full price will not be eligible for a refund of the discount amount.
Substitution and Cancellation
- Registration substitutions within the same organization are allowed unless expressly prohibited. Registration rates will be calculated according to AWWA membership status. Substitutions for the entirety of the event will be complimentary, not including any differential in member/non-member rates. Substitutions for part of a multi-day event are allowed but will be assessed an upcharge for the substitution. For example, in the case of a person who registers for a two day event, only attends one day, and sends a substitute for subsequent days, the substitute would be assessed the upcharge.
- Cancelations received via U.S. mail, fax, or email at least seven days prior to the start of the event will be eligible for a refund less a $35 processing fee for attendance at training events and less a $100 processing fee for exhibit/display space. Cancellations received less than seven days from the start of the event will receive no refund.
- These policies do not apply to jointly hosted events between MI-AWWA and another organization. See that specific jointly-hosted event’s cancellation policy for details on that specific event.
- Under extenuating circumstances, a credit for training may be issued but is only redeemable for Section event registrations and must be used within the same calendar year. Credits are granted at the sole discretion of the executive director.