JOB: Operator - Water
Operator - Water
Entry level employees receive on-the-job training and experience in performing routine maintenance operation, cleaning, installation and monitoring of water distribution and wastewater collection equipment and facilities. Additional voluntary training will be provided after normal work hours at a location chosen by the Employer.
Wastewater collection equipment and facilities. Additional voluntary training will be provided after normal work hours at a location chosen by the Employer.
1. Graduation from a high school or equivalent G.E.D.
2. Must have possess and continuously maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license and qualify to drive a Division vehicle in compliance with the Division Driver Policy.
3. Must be able to work various shifts, irregular hours, including holidays and weekends.
4. Must be able to lift a minimum of seventy-five (75) pounds.
5. Must be able to work in confined spaces and outdoors under varying climatic condition.
6. Must be able to walk over rough terrain and climb ladders and stairs.
7. The U-1 pay scale will be frozen at the three (3)-year level until the “S-4” level or Sewer Collection System certification is attained.
Position Application Process
To view a complete job description and to download an application, visit our website at www.gcdcwws.com. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Genesee County Water & Waste Services, Attn:HR, 4610 Beecher Road, Flint, MI 48532