JOB: Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Location: 9290 W Farrand Road, Montrose, MI 48457
Applications are required for consideration for this position. Resume submission alone is not an application for a position. An individual must complete our standard application form and provide proof of certificates and licenses required for the posted position.
Genesee County Water and Waste Services has two (2) positions open at its facility in Montrose, MI for a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. General statement of duties: Entry level employees receive on-the-job training and experience in performing routine maintenance operation, cleaning, installation and monitoring of wastewater treatment plant equipment and facilities. Additional voluntary training will be provided after normal work hours at a location chosen by the Employer. Receives on the job training and experience. Monitors and maintains wastewater treatment plant operations by collecting and analyzing data, performing operational checks and adjustments, and maintaining equipment and facilities, as well as, bio-solids handling and disposal. Collects and analyzes samples and data and adjusts treatment processes to respond to changing water quality conditions. Assists in providing training to new employees as directed by Supervision or Management.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be considered for an interview:
1. Graduation from a high school or equivalent G.E.D.
2. Must possess and continuously maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license as well as qualify to drive a Division vehicle in compliance with the Division Driver Policy.
3. The U-1 pay scale will be frozen at the three (3) year level until the Class “D” level of certification is attained.
4. Incumbents will be awarded pay level consistent with the negotiated pay schedule included in this contract for certification levels obtained: A, B, C or D.
5. Must be able to work various shifts, irregular hours, including holidays and weekends.
6. Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (75) pounds.
7. Must be able to work in confined spaces and outdoors under varying climatic conditions.8. Must be able to walk over rough terrain and climb ladders and stairs.
Pay-scale U-1 to U-5 depending on qualification.
To view a complete job description and to download an application visit our website at: www.gcdcwws.com
|2022-2024||START||6 months||1 Year||2 Years||3 Years||4 Years||5 Years||7 Years||12 Years||17 Years|
Applications are mailed to:
Genesee County Water and Waste Services, Attn: HR, G-4610 Beecher Rd, Flint, MI 48532
Applications can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must either accompany or follow resume submission
NO PHONE CALLS. EEO.