The Deep End
a cohort program for new and young professionals
Why a mentorship program?
- Mentors will participate in a Mentorship Boot Camp to learn the ins and outs of being an impactful mentor scheduled for November 30 in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Mentor/Mentee matching at the 2024 January kick-off of the program
- Lead/Co-lead a session on a topic outlined in the course curriculum (guidance will be given at Boot Camp)
- The Mentor will schedule a monthly meeting with their mentee (M3)
Still not sure?
- Give Back: Sharing your knowledge and insights can have a profound impact on someone's professional development, allowing them to learn from your successes and challenges.
- Enhance Leadership Skills: Mentoring offers an opportunity to further develop your leadership, communication, and coaching abilities, which are all highly valued skills in any role.
- Fresh Perspectives: Mentoring is a two-way street. You'll have the chance to gain new insights and ideas from your mentees, fostering a dynamic exchange of knowledge.
- Networking: Building relationships with mentees can expand your professional network, opening doors to new opportunities and collaborations.
- Contribute to a Positive Culture: A strong mentorship program contributes to a positive and inclusive workplace culture where everyone is invested in each other's success.
2024 Registration Fee: Members $1,295 Non-members $1,595
The Deep End Program is a new training program catered specifically to new water professionals (i.e. drinking water, wastewater, stormwater) of all occupations and ages. Join other newer to the water sector by exploring your role in water and form personal connections over the course of the year through a cohort style learning experience where participants will attend monthly learning sessions, facility tours, and receive entry to MI-ACE 2024 to gain foundational information on the water sector from source to tap and back. You will also be matched with a mentor to work with throughout the program year.
This is a basic knowledge and skills development opportunity that provides supplemental training to emerging professionals in their first few years in the water sector. By enrolling in this program, cohort members will gain valuable knowledge and skills that make them more proficient and well-versed in industry practices. As a result, your supervisors and managers can be confident in having a workforce of well-trained employees who possess foundational knowledge, alleviating the challenge of finding time to invest in personal training.
Participants who complete the year long program will earn 1.4 CECs. For more information on pricing and course topics explored, see the Program Details tab.
Applications are currently being reviewed.
Program is scheduled to start in January of 2024!